Corporate Social Responsibility
We at the Diet Center are proud to have team members with special needs. We believe that everyone deserves a chance to show what they're capable of. We are also lucky to have a functioning kitchen as part of our structure because this allows for many jobs that are fit for anyone! They typically excel in activities that are repetitive and concise such as labeling juice bottles, packaging meals & foods or just lending a helping hand to a section in need. Zeina, Aya & Lamees, you are our blessings, there's nothing like seeing your hard work pay off!
Read more on Lamees' story and experience at the Diet Center!(click here)
Check out Joud Bel Mawjoud Organization's lovely post (click here)
In light of CSR, Sawsan has:
- Created 7 new positions in her company during the past 3 years
- Given free awareness sessions about healthy eating habits at schools, colleges and municipalities
- Hired employees with special needs enjoying their rights and fulfilling their duties
- Offered training in the kitchen to people with special needs in collaboration with the Lebanese Autism Society LAS and Lebanese Down Syndrome LDS
- Offered a clinical and food service internship program & made agreements with many universities like the American University of Beirut (AUB) and the Lebanon American University (LAU), to help students gain a better understanding of what is expected in the careers of Nutrition, Dietetics and Quality Control.
- Initiated a fundraising campaign during the Holy Month of Ramadan for 3 consecutive years in order to donate food to Lebanese families and Syrian Refugees throughout many associations such as the Lebanese Food Bank, Mohammad Khaled institution etc. while respecting the food safety rules and regulations.
- Founded a clinic in 2016 at the Dar Al Aytam Al Islamiya institution to ensure healthy growth and living to all the children enrolled. Her donation & efforts were done in the name of her parents late Prime Minister Chafic Al Wazzan & his wife Wajiha Idriss Wazzan.